Country Chapters - Dubai
Fahima Al Bastaki
Senior Vice President Business Development Division Head - Dubai Financial Market
Mrs Al Bastaki, started her career in DFM in 2004 as the Listing and Disclosure Department Manager where she spearheaded a number of successful initiatives attracting companies to list on DFM and managed 80% of total listings on DFM. Mrs Al Bastaki plays a key role in the development of DFM as a public listed company and champions and encourages best practices in Investor Relations amongst listed companies, and works collaboratively with regulatory bodies such as SCA. Mrs. Al Bastaki has led the organization of the DFM international investor conferences in London and New York for 3 years. At the end of 2008 Mrs. Al Bastaki’s role was expanded to oversee the Market Development Division and in 2010, the new DFM organization structure included the expansion of her role as a Business Development Division Head.
Mrs Al Bastaki started her career at HSBC Middle East in 1998, bringing a total of 14 years of experience within the financial sector and capital markets in the UAE.
Mrs Al Bastaki holds a Bachelor degree in Applied Science of Business Administration. She is a Certified Financial Advisor of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (UK), and has acted as a Committee Member of the Officials & Directors of GCC Stock Markets and Authorities under the GCC Secretariat General.
- KPI 1. Creation of an Investors Survey on the theme 'What is lacking / attractive in Middle East Companies'
- KPI 2. To educate the local media so that Issuers are more accurately and fairly reported in
- KPI 3. To understand the particular needs of the Private Companies in Dubai
- KPI 4. Promotion and Growth of the Dubai Chapter Membership
- KPI 5. Involving and educating University Students
- KPI 6. Establishing a DFM IR Charter with 5 Key principles
|« June 2013 »
Upcoming eventsWednesday, June 12th, 2013: ME-IR Society and DFM Conference
More »Tuesday, June 18th, 2013: UK IR Society Annual Conference
More »Tuesday, June 25th, 2013: ME-IR Society IR Knowledge Forum
More »Thursday, June 6th, 2013: Morgan Stanley Emerging Markets Companies Conference
More »Sunday, June 2nd, 2013: Launch of IR Graduate program More »