Country Chapters - Kuwait
Chairman - Middle East Investor Relations Society-Kuwait Chapter
As the inaugural President of the Middle East Investor Relations Society-Kuwait Chapter, Mohammad Abdal comes to this prestigious role well equipped with an impressive track record as the Director of Investor Relations of Zain Group, one of the region's leading Brand names and Kuwait's largest company by several key market indicators.
Immediately after graduating and attaining a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a double major in Finance & Management Information System from Portland State University (Oregon, USA), Mohammad joined Zain Group (then known as MTC) in 2001 in the company's Finance division and rising quickly through the ranks to become the company's Investor Relations Manager in 2006 and then Director in 2008.
During his 11 years in Zain, his impressive achievements include:
- Involvement in the partial IPO for the Government stake of MTC (now Zain) on the Kuwait Stock Exchange in 2001;
- Played a key role on several levels in Zain's sale of its African operations for USD 10.7bn that was completed in June 2010
- Handling, preparing and managing both Capital Rights Issues of Zain (2005 & 2008) worth of over USD 7 billion.
- Assisting in the successful execution of the IPOs of Zain KSA in 2008 & Zain Zambia in 2007.
With his extensive and impressive experiences in the various areas of Investor Relations, within Zain Group and the associated companies, combined with his fluency in both Arabic and English and completion of many specialised courses in many facets of Investor Relations best practices, Mohammad Abdal's focus as Chairman of the Middle East Investor Relations Society-Kuwait Chapter will be to enhance and promote best practice and up-to-date techniques in the field of IR for Kuwaiti companies as well as to promote greater transparency and increased accountability to the Capital Markets activities in Kuwait.
- KPI 1. To invite all listed companies on KSE to join the ME-IR Society
- KPI 2. For founding members to compile a Chapter database of contacts
- KPI 3. To engage KSE
- KPI 4. To host ME-IR Society training in Sept 2012
The ME-IRS, and the local Kuwait Chapter, would like to place on record their appreciation to both Dalal Aldousari and Global Investment House, whom jointly worked tirelessly to help navigate the path toward the launch of the local IR Chapter.
|« May 2013 »
Upcoming eventsWednesday, May 29th, 2013: JP Morgan 1st MENA & Turkey Corporate Access Day
More »Wednesday, May 29th, 2013: Bank of America Merrill Lynch Emerging Markets Corporate Conference
More »Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013: Hawkamah hosts 1st Corporate Governance Forum
More »Sunday, May 26th, 2013: Hawkamah hosts Comprehensive Sukuk Workshop More »Sunday, May 26th, 2013: Bahrain Bourse IR Training More »Sunday, May 26th, 2013: Investor Relations & Corporate Communications Best Practice Training More »Tuesday, May 28th, 2013: 4th Annual Qatar IR Conference More »